Leaside Duct Cleaning – Tips on Choosing a Company
Getting good value for your money is always important; it’s wise to be discerning when selecting a Leaside duct cleaning company. Be careful with companies that seem unusually cheap; after all they will be coming into your home or office, where your children or important and private documents are, and going through every room with a either a hot or cold vent.
Humans shed 30,000 cells per minute on average (not to mention pet’s dander and fur shedding) – multiply that by the number people in your office, home or your child’s school over 8 hours and it’s a good statistic to keep in mind when choosing an Leaside duct cleaning company.
Proper Duct Cleaning Equipment
Cleaning ducts is more than just a technician with a shop vac. Look for specialized, commercial grade equipment such as a van with a professional vac system, or a substantial portable unit. A simple tech with a shop vac and a hose is likely not a viable candidate to enter your Leaside home, office or commercial space.
In addition, equipment to drill proper access vents into the furnace, should duct cleaning never have been done prior; and if it has been, they should still be accessing the furnace through pre-existing access points to fully clean the system. Having the furnace maintained and the air filters changed at the same time is also a great idea.
Proper Certification & Credentials and Extended Services
Don’t just take their word for it, be sure to check the company’s listing. industry Certification (duct cleaning association) is a requirement. You can confirm their status yourself by visiting the industry website. Do they offer additional services for residential properties? As this may be a testament to their attention to the needs of the customer. The industry will also advise on all the services the company offers, such as:
- Duct Cleaning, of course (thus the certification)
- Fire/Flood Restoration (which require appropriate odour removal tools)
- Indoor Air Quality Services (IAQ) including Furnace Cleaning and Maintenance
- Whole Home Sanitization
- Dryer Vent Cleaning
Commercial Duct Cleaning, Coverage Area and Longevity
- Commercial Division: Does the duct cleaning company in Leaside have a commercial division? Ensure the vent cleaning company you are considering provide a fleet of services such as professional sanitization, odour removal and HVAC maintenance and repair to offices, warehouses, retail properties, shops, medical clinics, multiple rental properties, high rise commercial and residential buildings, condos etc? Do they service Government Buildings? A sketchy company would likely avoid and not seek out such contracts. In addition, government buildings and attractions are usually quite large and require robust equipment.
- Longevity in Duct Cleaning Industry: A shady company will often not last long in the commercial environment. Also check years of service. If they have been in service for a decade or more, likely they have lots of customer referrals and well the proof is in the longevity pudding so to speak.
- Service Area Air Duct Cleaning: In addition, a large coverage area could indicate they have multiple employees and multiple offices. Checking their website for various office locations, can give a good indication that they are indeed busy, such as: Leaside, Bennington Heights, the Six Toronto Boroughs, GTA and Southern Ontario.
- Multiple Duct Cleaning Trucks: Save time and likely money by having the duct cleaning company manage all of your locations for you.
No one wants mold, pollen, other people’s dander, office debris, dust mites, allergens and other warehouse and office unmentionables lurking in their office vents, which could be making you or your co-workers sneezy and susceptible to respiratory or other issues; it’s likely time to consider a Leaside duct cleaning company.
How do I know if my building needs air duct cleaning?
Good indications duct cleaning is needed:
- You dust in the morning and you see a film by the end of the day.
- Sneezing when the furnace comes on?
- Constantly seeing floating particles in the air inside, especially when the sun comes out.
- You are unsure of when the last time (if ever) the last furnace vent cleaning appointment was.
- There should be an access panel close to the furnace in the duct work, if not, duct work cleaning – or professional cleaning hasn’t been done as of yet.
- If one room is particularly hotter, colder or more humid than other rooms – or nothing can be felt from the vent when the furnace is on – aka a blocked duct / vent, as is common in places with children and pets.
- A humidifier can be of help with floating particles, once duct cleaning has been completed and have established there are no vent blockages.
- Maintaining HVAC Equipment – according to Energy Star – dirt and neglect are top causes of heating system inefficiency and even failure.
Canaduct – About Us:
As a recognized industry leader, and coming up 20 years of experience, Canaduct specializes in comprehensive duct cleaning, in addition to maintenance and repair, along with the highest standards of integrity in the industry.
Our stellar reputation in the cleaning air ducts and related services across Toronto, GTA and southern Ontario is the result of our utmost professionalism and extremely hard work for over two decades!
We have a large service area covering much of Southern Ontario.
We clean more than just vents. Have us handle the majority of property management task lists such as professional sanitization, cleaning dryer vents, improving indoor air quality to meet health and safety standards, maintaining boilers, heaters, furnaces, air conditioning, and the like at all of your commercial properties. Just make one call to solve it all.
Types of Buildings Canaduct Services:
- Warehouses, Government Buildings & Tourist Attractions
- Offices: high rise, low rise and ground floor
- Retail stores & Grocery stores
- Medical buildings & Hospitals, Clinics, Malls
- Schools; Elementary, Secondary, Public, Private; Day-cares
- Real estate buildings & holdings, high rises, rental properties
- Townhouses, walk-ups, low rise, homes, condos, lofts
Call us if your building isn’t listed above, we can make arrangements.
Fill the form below to get an instant Leaside air duct cleaning quote for your home or business, sent right to your inbox, or call us at 416-410-3777 to speak to a live assistant. We look forward to helping you breathe easy!
Duct Cleaning Leaside Near Me 416-410-3777